Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Ovation right for me?
A: Is your answer "yes" to any of the following questions/situations? If so, we can help!
- I frequently ask others to repeat what they have said.
- I frequently increase the volume on the TV.
- When background noise is present, it is sometimes hard to understand what is going on.
- I wish I could turn up the volume more on my phone as sometimes I miss comments during phone conversations.
- I have difficulty hearing sounds like the doorbell, microwave oven timers or the phone ringing.
- My family / friends tell me that I could use a hearing aid.
- Hearing loss is common in my family.
- I work or have worked in loud environments.
- I have ringing in my ears.
Q: What if it doesn't fit me?
A: Ovation Hearing Aids are designed to fit most ears. Our devices contain various sized tips to ensure the best fit possible. If you are unable to find a device that fits comfortably in your ear, simply return it within 60 days of receiving it for a full refund.
Q: What is included in the Ovation package?
A: All of our hearing aids come with a user manual that clearly explains all features, a padded & secure storage case to place your device when not in use, a 6-month supply of batteries, and multiple size ear tips to ensure a comfortable fit.
Q: What is the difference between Ovation & other products on the market?
A: There are four main areas where Ovation is different from other hearing products on the market - Cost, Quality, Choice, and Ease of Use.
- COST: Ovation is a fraction of the cost of traditional hearing aids and many Personal Sound Amplification Products.
- QUALITY: Ovation's state-of-the-art digital audio technology provides a high-quality hearing experience. No annoying feedback. No delays in detecting speech. No extreme volume changes. With Ovation you'll simply enjoy crystal clear audio quality.
- CHOICE: Ovation offers three unique fits - but all share the same advanced digital technology. Whether you want the ultimate in comfort or want to maximize concealment, Ovation has a style to fit your needs.
- EASE OF USE: Whether you choose to have your Ovation hearing aid custom programmed to your hearing test results or select one of our pre-programmed models, your Ovation Hearing Aid will be ready to use right out of the box and has all the features you need to easily adapt to any unique listening environment.
A: It's your choice on how you would like to program your Ovation Hearing Aid. If you have a valid audiogram, you can email or fax it to us when placing your order and we would be happy to program your device to those specifications. However, if you don't have hearing test results you can still purchase one of our pre-programmed hearing aids. Our pre-programmed hearing aids use all the same technology as our custom-programmed devices, but are programmed using an innovative, universal hearing algorithm that addresses the most common hearing difficulties, making sounds easier to hear for the vast majority of people with hearing issues, in a variety of hearing environments.
Q: How can you offer these products at such affordable rates?
A: We pride ourselves on being able to provide high-quality hearing aids at affordable prices and have worked hard to develop key business partnerships that allow us to do that. Rather than working with middlemen, like wholesalers or distributors, our team of engineers works directly with our manufacturing partner to keep the quality of Ovation high and the cost of Ovation low.
Q: Besides style, is there any difference between the various Ovation models?
A: While specific features may vary slightly by model, all Ovation devices utilize cutting-edge digital technology, offering you a high-quality hearing experience at an affordable price. Visit our Shop & Compare page and device specific Product Overview pages for detailed explanations of the features included in our hearing aids.
Q: Which Ovation device is best for me?
A: That depends on what is most important to you. Many people choose to go with the Ovation Boost, our most popular model, because it offers a great combination of comfort, concealment, and performance, including the ability to be programmed to your specific level of hearing loss by using your audiogram/hearing test results. However, if you want to maximize concealment, you may want to consider the Ovation Standard, our in-the-canal device. But regardless of which style you choose, your Ovation Hearing Aid will come equipped with the same next-generation digital technology and rich feature set that makes it one of the most innovative hearing devices available today.
Q: What is the return policy?
A: All devices come with a 60-Day return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, call us to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), and instructions on how to return your device.
Q: What is the shipping policy?
A: All Ovation Hearing Aid orders ship FREE! A shipping and handling charge of $6.95 will be added to any accessory order $99 and under. Most orders leave our warehouse within 1-2 days of placing an order and arrive at your door within 4-6 days of placing an order.
Q: What type of batteries do Ovation devices use?
A: Ovation Hearing Aids use Size 10, Size 312 or Size 13 batteries, depending on the device. Our User Guides indicate which type of battery you'll need to use for your specific device. Additionally, we include a free 6-month supply of the proper batteries with each hearing aid purchase.
Q: How long do the batteries last?
A: Several factors affect battery life, including average hours used during the day and the noise level of the environment. An average battery typically lasts 1 - 2 weeks.
Q: What type of ear tips should I use?
A: There is no 'one-size-fits-all' answer to that question, so we include a variety of ear tip sizes and styles with each Ovation device to ensure that you'll find a comfortable fit to optimize your hearing experience. We encourage you to experiment with the different styles to find the best fit for you. Instructions for changing the tips will be provided in the user manual included with each device.
Q: Because the devices are so small, is it difficult to change settings/volume?
A: The devices are indeed very small, but they were designed with usability in mind. Each device comes with a user manual clearly explaining how to adjust the settings & volume.
Q: Do the devices come with instructions?
A: Yes, each Ovation device comes with a user manual that clearly explains all features.
Q: How often does my device need to be serviced?
A: Ovation devices are built to last. If the device is handled with care and cleaned regularly, there shouldn't be a need for servicing the unit within the first 2 years. We recommend cleaning the device (including wax removal) on a bi-weekly basis.
Q: Where can I get a hearing test / Audiogram?
A: Hearing tests can be performed at a number of locations including an audiologist, hearing/health center, or Costco. A quick search for local hearing tests should provide multiple free or low cost options. Hearing tests at Costco are free, and tests performed at audiologists' offices may be covered by insurance.